W. Alton Jones Foundation
Sustainable World Program
1994 Grants to Promote the Economic Value of Biodiversity
- Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia * Mar 1994 - $35,000
- For development of Woods of the World, an interactive, multi-media database of commercial wood species that will facilitate the use of lesser-known and widely available varieties.
- Communications Consortium Media Center * Nov 1994 - $150,000
- For opinion research on public understanding of biological diversity and the roles that biological organisms play in maintaining human prosperity.
- Consultative Group on Biological Diversity * May 1994 - $50,000 over 2 years
New York, NY
- To inform grant makers about current issues in biodiversity protection and identify grantmaking opportunities.
- Good Wood Alliance * May 1994 - $18,000
(Formerly: Woodworkers Alliance for Rainforest Protection)
- To produce Understory, the journal of the Woodworkers Alliance for Rainforest Protection.
- National Association of Physicians for the Environment * Mar 1994 - $100,000
- To organize medical specialty and sub-specialty organizations to support environmental protection activities related to biodiversity and air pollution.
- Second Nature * Mar 1994 - $40,000
- To assess potential "demand-side" strategies to encourage better environmental education, particularly in primary and secondary schools.
Return to Earth & W. Alton Jones Foundation