W. Alton Jones Foundation
Sustainable World Program
1994 Grants to Support Multilateral Climate Treaties
- Climate Network Europe * Nov 1994 - $60,000
A Project of the Stockholm Environment Institute
- To facilitate the coordination of European nongovernmental organizations on global climate change and related issues.
- Environmental Defense Fund * Mar 1994 - $200,000 over 2 years
New York, NY
- To conduct scientific research on climate change; to carry out public and policymaker education technology and policy options; and to pursue strengthening of international climate accords.
- Environmental and Energy Study Institute * Mar 1994 - $100,000 over 2 years
- To provide educational opportunities for congressional leadership on global climate change and fiscal reform issues.
- International Project for Sustainable Energy Paths * Mar 1994 - $60,000
A Project of the Natural Resources Defense Council
El Cerrito, CA
- To publish and disseminate research on the economic costs of climate stabilization.
- U.S. Climate Action Network * May 1994 - $50,000
A Project of the Tides Foundation
- To promote exchange of information on human-caused climatic disruption.
- Verification Technology Information Centre * May 1994 - $51,000
- To analyze technical issues critical to developing practical verification procedures under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change.
Return to Earth & W. Alton Jones Foundation