W. Alton Jones Foundation
Sustainable World Program
1994 Grants to Eliminate Aquifer Contamination
- Citizens Policy Center * Nov 1994 - $25,000
- For advocacy to protect Ohio's groundwater from toxic contamination by agricultural chemicals and industrial contamination.
- Citizens' Environmental Coalition * Nov 1994 - $30,000
- To improve state efforts to protect and remediate New York's groundwater.
- Greater Yellowstone Coalition * Nov 1994 - $40,000
- To oppose construction of a mine that would contaminate groundwater severely in the Yellowstone National Park region.
- Northern Plains Resource Council * Nov 1994 - $30,000
- For advocacy to improve enforcement of groundwater protection laws in Montana.
- Silicon Valley Toxics Coalition * Nov 1994 - $30,000
San Jose, CA
- Groundwater clean-up and pollution prevention project in Silicon Valley, CA
Return to Earth & W. Alton Jones Foundation