W. Alton Jones Foundation
Sustainable World Program
1995 Grants to Support Multilateral Climate Treaties
- Center for International Environmental Law * May 1995 - $50,000
- To ensure that joint implementation projects developed under the Framework Convention on Climate Change protect forests and biodiversity while reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
- Foundation for International Environmental Law and Development * Feb 1995 - $50,000
- To provide legal research and analysis to small island and low-lying developing countries on the implementation of UN Framework Convention on Climate Change.
- International Institute for Energy Conservation * Feb 1995 - $100,000
- To encourage collaboration among nongovernmental organizations, national governments and MDB's to develop energy efficient projects in developing countries.
- Verification Technology Information Centre * May 1995 - $40,000
- To research and analyze verification issues related to the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change.
- Yale Center for Environmental Law and Policy * Feb 1995 - $25,000
New Haven, CT
- To disseminate a study which examines the environmental consequences of China's economic growth and presents energy consumption options for the future.
Return to Earth & W. Alton Jones Foundation