W. Alton Jones Foundation
Sustainable World Program
1995 Grants to Eliminate Aquifer Contamination
- Citizens Policy Center * Nov 1995 - $25,000
- To protect Ohio's groundwater and oppose the state's voluntary hazardous waste clean-up law.
- Greater Yellowstone Coalition * Nov 1995 - $40,000
- To ensure that groundwater issues are fully addressed in the Environmental Impact Statement for the proposed New World Mine, which would border Yellowstone National Park.
- Kentuckians for the Commonwealth * Nov 1995 - $40,000
- To protect Kentucky's groundwater resources.
- Northern Plains Resource Council * Nov 1995 - $30,000
- For public education to protect Montana's groundwater, which is threatened by unrestricted growth, hard rock mining expansion, and improper agricultural practices.
- Silicon Valley Toxics Coalition * Nov 1995 - $30,000
San Jose, CA
- To prevent air pollution and protect groundwater by opposing the disposal and burning of chlorinated waste in Silicon Valley, California.
Return to Earth & W. Alton Jones Foundation