W. Alton Jones Foundation
Sustainable World Program
1995 Grants to Eliminate Contamination Affecting Children's Health
- Benton Foundation * Feb 1995 - $60,000
- To increase public awareness of environmental threats to children's health.
- Colette Chuda Environmental Fund * Feb 1995 - $50,000
A Project of Community Partners
Los Angeles, CA
- To develop a national network of parents, environmental activists and children's health advocates to promote children's environmental rights.
- Hamburger Umweltinstitut e.V. * May 1995 - $100,000
Hamburg Environmental Institute
- To encourage the design of intelligent products by assessing the environmental performance of the world's 50 biggest chemical and pharmaceutical companies.
- Natural Resources Defense Council * Feb 1995 - $300,000 over 2 years
New York, NY
- To research and publicize environmental hazards to children's health from toxics, pesticides, and endocrine disrupters.
- Physicians for Social Responsibility * Feb 1995 - $75,000
- To engage physicians in addressing environmental threats to children's health.
- Southern Environmental Law Center * May 1995 - $100,000 over 2 years
- To bolster key environmental protection programs in the mid-Atlantic region and encourage citizen participation in environmental remediation.
Return to Earth & W. Alton Jones Foundation