W. Alton Jones Foundation
Sustainable World Program
1996 Grants to Support Multilateral Climate Treaties
- Center for Health and the Global Environment * Nov 1996 - $120,000
Harvard Medical School, Harvard University
- To promote a wider understanding of the human health implications of global environmental change among physicians and other health care professionals.
- Center for International Environmental Law * May 1996 - $60,000
- To ensure that joint implementation projects developed under the Framework Convention on Climate Change protect forests and biodiversity while reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
- Environmental Defense Fund * Feb 1996 - $200,000 over 2 years
New York, NY
- For public and policymaker education on global warming, and to pursue strengthening of international climate accords.
- Foundation for International Environmental Law and Development * Feb 1996 - $50,000
- To provide legal research and analysis to small island and low-lying developing countries on the implementation of UN Framework Convention on Climate Change and opreation of the Global Environmental Facility.
- International Project for Sustainable Energy Paths * Feb 1996 - $150,000 over 2 years
A project of the Natural Resources Defense Council
El Cerrito, CA
- For analysis and dissemination of policy options to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- U.S. Climate Action Network * Feb 1996 - $100,000
A project of the Tides Center
- To increase understanding of climate change issues and to publicize the international scientific consensus about the destructive impacts of human-induced climate change.
- Verification Technology Information Centre * May 1996 - $80,000 over 2 years
- To research and analyze verification issues related to the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change.
- Atmosphere Alliance * May 1996 - $30,000
A project of the Earth Island Institute
- To develop a regional action plan in the northwestern United States to address climate change and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Return to Earth & W. Alton Jones Foundation