W. Alton Jones Foundation
Sustainable World Program
1996 Grants to Develop Renewable Energy Policy in Developing Countries
- Batelle, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory * Nov 1996 - $125,000
- To protect the environment and reduce the risk of nuclear proliferation by encouraging the use of alternative energy sources in China and discouraging the use of nuclear and coal-fired power.
- Center for Energy and Environmental Studies * May 1996 - $200,000 over 2 years
- To identify long-term solutions for reducing greenhouse gas emissions while simaltaneously promoting economic development in emerging economies.
- Committee to Bridge the Gap * Feb 1996 - $58,300
Los Angeles, CA
- To advance policy efforts in the former Soviet Union to encourage energy efficiency and reduce reliance on Soviet-era atomic power.
- World Resources Institute * Nov 1996 - $84,000
- To encourage the development of a renewable energy industry in Brazil.
Return to Earth & W. Alton Jones Foundation