W. Alton Jones Foundation
Secure World Program
1996 Grants to Stop Development, Production and Testing of Nuclear Weapons
- Los Alamos Study Group * Nov 1996 - $40,000
Santa Fe, NM
- To draw public attention to the health and environmental effects of nuclear weapons research and development activities at los Alamos national Laboratory.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology * Nov 1996 - $240,000 over two years
- To provide technical analyses of proposals for deep reductions in U.S. and Russian nuclear weapons arsenals and ballistic missile defense programs.
- Henry L. Stimson Center * Feb 1996 - $190,000
- To encourage implementation of confidence-building measures and nourish cooperative security relations among China, India and Pakistan.
- Pakistan Security and Development Association * May 1996 - $40,000
- For workshops on nuclear weapon and security issues in South Asia with Chinese, Indian, Pakistani, and American participation.
- Centre for European Security and Disarmament * May 1996 - $40,000
- To monitor and disseminate information on nuclear weapons and related security policies of NATO and other European secuurity institutions.
Return to Earth & W. Alton Jones Foundation