W. Alton Jones Foundation
Sustainable World Program
1996 Grants to Eliminate Environmental Factors Contributing to Asthma, Including Air Pollution
- Alternatives for Community and Environment * Nov 1996 - $40,000
- To engage inner-city residents in preventing asthma, reducing air pollution, and advocating for cleaner air in their community.
- Environmental Health Coalition * Nov 1996 - $50,000 over 2 years
San Diego, CA
- To organize minority communities to protect children from exposure to industrial toxins in their neighborhoods.
- Galveston - Houston Association for Smog Prevention * Nov 1996 - $40,000
- To address air pollution in Houston through citizen education and technical and legal research.
- Natural Resources Council of Maine * Nov 1996 - $30,000
Natural Resources Council, Inc.
- To promote policy reform to reduce air pollution in New England through outreach to the medical community, children's advocacy groups, and the media.
Return to Earth & W. Alton Jones Foundation