W. Alton Jones Foundation
Sustainable World Program
1994 Sustainable World Grants related to Media
- American Communications Foundation * Nov 1994 - $69,000
Mill Valley, CA
- To research and script environmental stories of potential use on radio in "The Osgood Files."
- Center for Investigative Reporting * Mar 1994 - $100,000
San Francisco, CA
- To develop investigative stories about aquifer and drinking water quality, international trade in toxic wastes, and efforts on mining reform.
- Center for Public Integrity * May 1994 - $50,000
- To examine how public opinion and public policy are manipulated and distorted by organizations that produce certain chemical products.
- Communications Consortium Media Center * May 1994 - $26,000
- To distribute "Greenwire", a daily electronic environmental news source.
- Investigative Reporting Project * Mar 1994 - $34,100
A Project of the Tides Foundation
Takoma Park, MD
- To support a professional, independent reporter to pursue stories on environmental issues and place them in venues that do not typically carry these stories.
- IPS - Inter Press Service * Mar 1994 - $25,000
- To employ a global environment editor in Washington, DC.
- Public Education Center * May 1994 - $125,000
- To develop investigative stories related to natural resource protection of potential interest to major media outlets.
- Self Reliance Foundation * Nov 1994 - $75,000
Santa Fe, NM
- To produce "Salvemos Nuestro Planeta"(Let's Save Our Planet), an educational Spanish-language radio program on environmental issues.
- Worldwatch Institute * Nov 1994 - $300,000 over 2 years
- For publication of Vital Signs, a series assessing important trends linking human prosperity to the condition of the environment.
Return to Earth & W. Alton Jones Foundation