W. Alton Jones Foundation
Sustainable World Program
1995 Grants Addressing Economic Externalities and the Environment
- Accounting for the Environment * May 1995 - $75,000
A Project of the Tides Foundation
Chevy Chase, MD
- To promote implementation of accounting methods that integrate the external costs of environmental damage.
- Clean Water Fund * May 1995 - $175,000
- To promote public understanding of a "polluter pays" fee structure to increase revenue for environmental protection, and to address the external costs of pollution.
- Friends of the Earth * Feb 1995 - $200,000 over 2 years
- To address the economic structure and incentives that drive environmental degradation.
- Tellus Institute * May 1995 - $90,000
- To explore ecological tax reform as a means to achieve both economic and environmental sustainability at the state level.
- Louisiana Coalition, Inc. * Nov 1995 - $14,000
Baton Rouge, LA
- To promote reform of Louisiana tax policy which undermines community well-being by granting millions of dollars in tax relief to companies that have histories of environmental noncompliance.
Return to Earth & W. Alton Jones Foundation