W. Alton Jones Foundation
Secure World Program
1995 Grants to Eliminate Plutonium
- Center for Energy and Environmental Studies * Nov 1995 - $250,000 over 2 years
- For an international strategy to secure and minimize the use of weapons-usable fissile materials.
- Citizens' Coalition Against the Plutonium Fast-Breeder Program * Nov 1995 - $100,000
A project of the Public Media Center
- For public education about Japan's plutonium utilization program and nuclear nonproliferation issues.
- Citizens' Nuclear Information Center * Feb 1995 - $50,000
Nakano-ku, Tokyo, JAPAN
- For public education about Japan's policy of utilizing plutonium as an energy source.
- Committee to Bridge the Gap * Feb 1995 - $160,000 over 2 years
Los Angeles, CA
- To identify and assess emerging nuclear technologies which pose proliferation concerns.
- Institute for Energy and Environmental Research * Feb 1995 - $125,000
Takoma Park, MD
- To further global nonproliferation by discouraging the reprocessing and use of plutonium.
- Ygdrasil Institute * Feb 1995 - $30,000
A Project of the Earth Island Institute
- To research, write and disseminate, in French and English, an analysis of the French civilian/military fissile materials cycle to help end the proliferation of plutonium.
Return to Earth & W. Alton Jones Foundation