W. Alton Jones Foundation
Sustainable World Program
1995 Sustainable World Grants related to
Environmental Law and Media
- Environmental Law Alliance Worldwide * Feb 1995 - $100,000
- To network with and support environmental activists in Siberia, Amazonia and Indonesia.
- Environmental Law Institute * Feb 1995 - $200,000 over 2 years
- To identify new legal approaches to preserving biological diversity and to encourage the introduction of these concepts into the judicial system.
- American Communications Foundation * Nov 1995 - $85,000
Mill Valley, CA
- To develop environmental material for use on radio in "The Osgood Files."
- Center for International Environmental Law * May 1995 - $5,000
- To establish the Environmental Information Alliance and support the development of "EcoNet Plus."
- Foundation for American Communications * Nov 1995 - $75,000
Los Angeles, CA
- To train journalists to cover environmental issues in the context of major current events, and to put these issues into a local perspective.
- Good Wood Alliance * May 1995 - $20,000
- To produce Understory, the journal of the Good Wood Alliance.
- IPS - Inter Press Service * May 1995 - $55,000
- For reporting and analysis of issues affecting the global environment.
- Public Education Center * Nov 1995 - $250,000 over 2 years
- To develop investigative stories related to natural resource protection of potential interest to major media outlets.
- Self Reliance Foundation * Nov 1995 - $75,000
Santa Fe, NM
- To produce "Salvemos Nuestro Planeta", an educational Spanish language radio program on environmental issues.
- Society of Environmental Journalists * May 1995 - $50,000
- To improve the quality and visibility of responsible reporting on key environmental policy issues.
- World Media Foundation * May 1995 - $250,000 over 2 years
- For a weekly environmental news and information program, LIVING ON EARTH.
Return to Earth & W. Alton Jones Foundation