W. Alton Jones Foundation
Sustainable World Program
1995 Grants to Eliminate Contamination in the Newly Independent States
- Center for Russian Environmental Policy * May 1995 - $40,000
- To form a coalition of nongovernmental organizations to monitor the All-Russian Congress on Environment and Sustainable Development.
- Ecologia * Nov 1995 - $31,631
Ecologists Linked for Organizing Grassroots Initiatives and Action
- To assist nongovernmental organizations in the former Soviet Union in monitoring environmental contamination.
- Sacred Earth Network * Feb 1995 - $100,000 over 2 years
- To expand and upgrade the electronic telecommunications network linking environmental groups throughout the 15 independent republics of the former Soviet Union.
Return to Earth & W. Alton Jones Foundation