W. Alton Jones Foundation
Sustainable World Program
1996 Grants Promoting Multilateral Development Bank (MDB) Reform
- Bank Information Center * Nov 1996 - $200,000 over 2 years
- To provide information to nongovernmental organizations around the world about the policies and practices of MDB's, especially those of the World Bank and Inter-American Development Bank.
- Both Ends * Nov 1996 - $60,000
- To educate Dutch policymakers on MDB issues and to provide educational information to other nongovernmental organizations in developing countries.
- Erklärung von Bern * Nov 1996 - $50,000
The Berne Declaration
- To promote environmentally sustainable lending practices at the World Bank.
- Lawyers Committee for Human Rights * Nov 1996 - $75,000
New York, NY
- To promote reform of the Latin American judicial system to enhance responsiveness to environmental issues and other public interest concerns.
- Urgewald * Nov 1996 - $50,000
- To promote reform of Germany's multilateral aid policies.
- World Economy, Ecology & Development Association * Nov 1996 - $50,000
- To focus public and media attention in Germany on the need for reform in MDB lending policies.
Return to Earth & W. Alton Jones Foundation