W. Alton Jones Foundation
Other 1996 Sustainable & Secure World Program Grants
Jointly funded by Sustainable and Secure World Programs
- Student Pugwash USA * May 1996 - $70,000 over two years
- To promote careers in public interest science and policymaking among young professionals, emphasizing environmental and globel security concerns.
- Herbert Scoville Jr. Peace Fellowship * Nov 1996 - $25,000
- To recruit recent college graduates to serve in fellowships at disarmament or arms control organizations in Washington, DC
- Harvard Sussex Program * Nov 1996 - $25,000
- To develop and promote a draft convention criminalizing any individual's knowing involvement in the development, production, acquisition, transfer or use of biological and chemical weapons.
- National Security Archive * May 1996 - $100,000
A Project of the Fund for Peace
- To epromote declassificaiton and broad dissemination of U.S. government documents on nuclear weapons issues, with a focus on weapons proliferation in China, India and Pakistan.
Return to Earth & W. Alton Jones Foundation