W. Alton Jones Foundation
Sustainable World Program
1996 Sustainable World Grants related to
Environmental Law and Media
- Environmental Law Alliance Worldwide * Feb 1996 - $100,000
- To network with and support environmental activists in Siberia, Amazonia and Indonesia.
- Fundacion para la Defensa del Interes Publico * Feb 1996 - $50,000
- For legal efforts to enforce Columbia's environmental laws.
- American Communications Foundation * Nov 1996 - $173,000 over 2 years
Mill Valley, CA
- To develop environmental material for use on radio in "The Osgood Files."
- Good Wood Alliance * May 1996 - $40,000 over 2 years
- To produce Understory, the journal of the Good Wood Alliance.
- IPS - Inter Press Service * May 1996 - $110,000 over 2 years
- For reporting and analysis of issues affecting the global environment.
- Liberty Tree Alliance * Nov 1996 - $100,000
A Project of Public Interest Projects
New York, NY
- To develop an Internet Web site to engage college students in environmental issues.
- Society of Environmental Journalists * May 1996 - $150,000 over 2 years
- To improve the quality and visibility of responsible reporting on key environmental policy issues.
- WAMC Public Radio * May 1996 - $150,000
- To support the radio programs "The Environment Show" and "Talking Green."
- Worldwatch Institute * Nov 1996 - $200,000 over 2 years
- To produce and distribute Vital Signs 1997 and Vital Signs 1998.
Return to Earth & W. Alton Jones Foundation