W. Alton Jones Foundation
Sustainable World Program
1997 General Grants for Maintaining Biodiversity
- Coalition to Restore Coastal Louisiana * May 1997 - $100,000
Baton Rouge, LA
- To educate decision makers and the public about the need to continue supporting the federal coastal wetlands program that provides support for coastal restoration in Louisiana.
- Consultive Group on Biological Diversity * May 1997 - $50,000
San Francisco, CA
- To increase public awareness and appreciation for the diversity of life, species and habitats that sustain life on Earth.
- Earthjustice Legal Defense Fund * May 1997 - $100,000
New Orleans, LA
- To provide advocacy services to Louisiana environmental, citizen, and community organizations fighting to preserve the state's critical wetlands resources and to protect the health of its people.
- Global Forest Policy Project * Feb. 1997 - $100,000 over 2 years
A Project of Friends of the Earth
- To promote the conservation of primary forest cover worldwide.
Return to Earth & W. Alton Jones Foundation