W. Alton Jones Foundation
Secure World Program
1997 Grants to Dismantle Existing Nuclear Weapons
- Center for Arms Control, Energy, and Environmental Studies * Feb. 1997 - $50,000
Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology
- To develop and promote a Russiam perspective on the feasibility of deep nuclear weapons reduction between Russia and the U.S.
- International Security Information Service * Nov. 1997 - $10,000
University of Bradford
- To support research into the prospects for nuclear disarmament in France, encouraging academics and policymakers to address this issue more seriously.
- Peace Action Education Fund * Feb. 1997 - $40,000
- To intensify grassroots awareness of major U.S. nuclear policy debates, including nuclear weapons research and testing, on-going arms control negotiations, and prospects for deep nuclear weapons reductions.
Return to Earth & W. Alton Jones Foundation